Home October 11, 2017

October 11, 2017

Volume 17 Issue 41

U.S. Base Oil Price Report

Phillips 66, Kleen Performance Products, Calumet and San Joaquin Refining joined the group of producers that have increased prices over the last couple of weeks, while Petro-Canada announced that it would formally start posting prices in Lube Report as of Oct. 10.Phillips 66 communicated increases of 11 cents per gallon for its API Group II Pure Performance 70N and...

EMEA Base Oil Price Report

A degree of price stability settled across European, Middle Eastern and African base oil markets this week, bearing out expectations from last weeks report that prices would remain in a relatively narrow spread across each base oil sector.Crude oil prices were also relatively flat, with dated deliveries of Brent crude showing around $56.55 per barrel in late Tuesday trade...

SSY Base Oil Shipping Report

The European market was quiet last week due to a major industry event. Asia shut down for a while due to Golden Week, but the market in the U.S. Gulf was reasonably active post-Harvey.U.S. GulfDemand is slowly starting to crank up again along the Far East route as pre-Harvey cargoes make an appearance. However, the final execution on many...

GF-6 Timing May Come Down to Key Test

Much of the recent passenger car lubricant news has been focused on the proposed API SN-Plus supplemental category. North American and Asian automakers though have made it clear that their main goal is still to get the ILSAC GF-6 engine oil category upgrade in place as soon as possible, with no delay due to the introduction of the supplemental...

Lanxess to Terminate Ankerweg Site

Lanxess plans to terminate production at its recently acquired Ankerweg site by November 2018, the company announced last week. The former Chemtura polyalphaolefins plant produces base oils for industrial lubricants and active ingredients for an agrochemical company.After acquiring Chemtura in April of this year, Lanxess conducted an analysis of all former Chemtura production sites and determined the Ankerweg site...

Glencore Gets Stake in Chevron South Africa

Mining and commodities company Glencore agreed to acquire a 75 percent stake in Chevron South Africa and all of Chevron Botswana for $973 million, the company announced Friday. The deal is expected to close in mid-2018.The remaining 25 percent interest in Chevron South Africa will be held by a consortium of Black Economic Empowerment shareholders and an employee trust...

Russian Titan Prepares to Produce Greases

Russian petrochemicals manufacturer Titan is preparing to produce greases at its 12,000 tons per year annual capacity plant in Novocherkassk, Rostov region.Titan recently established its subsidiary, Novocherkassk Lubricant Plant, at the site of a grease production complex that has been idle for more than a year. Now it is getting ready to restart production with a wide range of...

Singaporean Oil Broker to Blend in Oman

Trescorp Alliance Pte., a Singaporean trader of oil and petroleum products, plans to establish a lubricant park in Sohar Port, Oman, a company official told Lube Report last week.A lube park similar to those owned by Shell, Total and Sinopec in Singapore is being considered, the official said. The lube park is still at the planning stages and we...

Briefly Noted

Pugh Lubricants and Apollo Oil, which joined forces in March, acquired Birmingham, Alabama-based lubricants, fuels and diesel exhaust fluid distributor Veterans Oil, which covers the Alabama and Georgia markets from distribution centers in Birmingham, Montgomery and Atlanta. Al Khayyat Investment Group will distribute Shell-branded automotive lubricants in the United Arab Emirates under a recently signed distributor supply agreement.
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook
CONTACT US

Contact Us
Email: info@LubesnGreases.com
Office: +1 703-536-0800
Fax: +1 703-536-0803

LNG Publishing Company, Inc.
7389 Lee Highway Suite 300
Falls Church, Virginia 22042 U.S.A.

© LNG Main Copyright 2019. All Rights reserved.

click me